Toronto Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic medicine is a system that uses natural remedies to help the body heal itself. It embraces many therapies, including Nutritional/Dietary
Counseling, Lifestyle Counseling, Herbs, Acupuncture, Vitamin Injections and more.
The goal is to treat the whole person –– that means mind, body, and spirit. It also aims to heal the root
causes of an illness or dysfunction which are making the body sick or unwell.
When should someone see a Naturopathic Doctor?
The best time to see a Naturopathic doctor is when you are ready to make changes to your health. Naturopathic Doctors can:
- Provide care for a diagnosed condition
- Offer a different perspective for symptoms that have not been diagnosed yet
- Support you through prevention.
Dr. Andriana Setnik – Licensed Naturopathic Doctor, Functional Medicine Practitioner
Dr. Andriana Setnik has always been fond of living in harmony with nature. She is passionate about helping others by restoring and supporting the healing power of nature and treating the root cause of disease. She believes that the various systems in our bodies are all interconnected and is passionate about working with you to reach your healthy balance.
Dr. Setnik has completed her doctor degree of Naturopathy at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. Dr. Andriana Setnik also holds an Honours Bachelor of Science from the University Of Toronto focusing on Human Biology: Health and Disease and Nutritional Sciences. She is certified in Cosmetic Acupuncture and has further training in Traditional Chinese Medicine for Dermatology.
Common conditions that a Naturopathic doctor see include but are not limited to:
- Digestive concerns such as bloating, indigestion, heartburn and more
- Weight loss
- Women’s health including premenstrual symptoms, painful periods, irregular menstrual cycles and menopause
- Pain management such osteoarthritis and muscle tension
- Skin conditions such as acne and eczema
- Cardiovascular concerns such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and more
Naturopathic Doctors strive to treat the root cause of disease. Some of the tools that Naturopathic Doctors use include:
Nutritional counselling Lifestyle counselling Traditional Chinese Medicine
Acupuncture Cupping Nutritional Supplements
Herbal Medicine Vitamin B12 Injections Vitamin D Injections